21 May 19
UPDATE: Filing Procedures for ARCS Applications Have Changed
An announcement today by the FDNY outlines the changes in filing procedures for Auxiliary Radio Communication Systems (ARCS).
Long Island City, May 21st, 2019: It has been announced by the FDNY that filing procedures for Auxiliary Radio Communication Systems will be changing on June 3rd. The major changes to the filing procedures include:
- Applications will no longer be filed to the DOB, but to the FDNY only through a TM-1 form.
- First and second filing will both incur a charge of $585.00. The filing fee for the initial submission (Plan Approval) to FDNY will now be $585.00 and not $420.00. The CRT (2nd filing) will also change from $420.00 to $585.00.
- The FDNY site will currently only show Approved or Disapproved ARCS applications. Upgrades to their system later on will incorporate more information similar to BIS.
- Once approved, a Letter of Authorization will be issued as a permit, thus allowing the installation to proceed. This will be sent by the FDNY.
- There is no sign off process once the Letter of Approval is obtained. - This indicates that the project is completed
Filings Before June 3rd
All new filings without signed applications will likely fall under the new procedures. Any jobs that were filed with the DOB before June 3rd will continue to be filed with the old procedures. If the job is on the BIS:
- The fees will remain the same ($420.00 to the FDNY, $100.00 to the DOB)
- BIS will continue to show updates.
- Clients will need to follow up with the FDNY pending the Letter of Authorization being issued upon plan approval.
- The project will need to be signed off at the DOB once the Letter of Approval is obtained.
If you have any further questions regarding the filing of your building, please contact Fausto Deno (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any filing needs.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
We will send you industry-related news.